The NeedleSmart Range and the benefits they can bring Healthcare Organisations.
NeedleSmart is market leading, patented needle destruction technology engineered in the UK. Working with Healthcare markets, NeedleSmart are launching a range of innovative products offering genuine operation and costs benefits.
The NeedleSmart devices take hypodermic needles at the point of use, heats them to over 1,300 degrees Celsius and compresses them into a ball. It takes just a fraction of a second to convert a sharp needle into a sterile sphere of metal. The process can contribute to the reduction of Needle Stick Injuries (NSI) and their consequential costs and has the potential to reduce the cost and increase efficiency of used needle disposal.
The NeedleSmart Professional (Pro) is for use with standard or safety needle formats in the range of 21G – 25G. This device has unique data generation capabilities which will:
- allow updates to electronic patient records in real time
- automatically update consumables inventory control systems and track stock usage in real time
- interface readily with existing infrastructure
- PLICS compatible
- Scan4Safety Compatible
The NeedleSmart Pro can be uses in hospitals, healthcare clinics, GP surgeries, Aesthetic/Cosmetic Clinics, Needle Exchanges, Travel Clinics and Event Media Services.
The NeedleSmart Phlebotomy (Ph) is a unique device which contains patented technology that is exclusively used with Phlebotomy needles. The device:
- enhances needle disposal with deconstruction of the phlebotomy needle to its component parts for waste streaming
- reduces disposal costs
- reduces incidence of Needle Stick Injuries (NSI) and the associated costs
- means standard needle formats can be used in place of more expensive ‘Safety Needles’
- effectively melts and sterilises the needle to destroy pathogens
The NeedleSmart Ph also has the data generation capabilities of the NeedleSmart Pro and can be used anywhere with a routine requirement to draw blood samples for testing.
For more information about NeedleSmart and our product range:
call 0151 315 0500
Follow us on twitter @needlesmart